Welcome to Orthopaedic Spine Institute
Orthopaedic Spine Institute treats a complete range of spinal conditions. We are current with the newest advances in spinal care including computer-assisted surgery and minimally invasive procedures. We are committed to making your treatment as easy on you as possible, with access to the most sophisticated technology to provide you with the best care possible.
Vivek Mohan MD, MS, FAAOS
- Degenerative Disc Disease / Arthritic conditions of the spine
- Disc Herniations of the Cervical, Thoracic, or Lumbar spine
- Spinal stenosis of the Cervical, Thoracic, or Lumbar spine
- Cervical and Lumbar Radiculopathy
- Spinal trauma, fractures, pars fractures
- Spinal tumors
- Spondylolysis (pars fracture)
- Synovial cyst
- Compression of spinal cord/spinal nerves
- Cervical or Thoracic Myelopathy
- Neurogenic Claudication
- Idiopathic scoliosis (infantile, juvenile, adolescent, adult)
- Adult Degenerative Scoliosis
- Congenital deformities
- Congenital cervical dislocation
- Acquired kyphosis, such as fixed sagittal imbalance (flat-back syndrome)
- Junctional kyphosis
- Post-traumatic kyphosis (post-laminectomy)
- Scheuermann’s kyphosis
Complex Spinal Deformities
- Coronal Imbalance
- Failed fusion
- Postoperative deformity
- Sagittal imbalance (flat-back syndrome)
- Transition syndrome/adjacent segment disease
Please utilize these websites for more information on your condition and possible treatment options.
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
Know Your Back by North American Spine Society
Please call the office or request an appointment online in advance. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us as far in advance as possible so we may use that time to see another patient in need of care. We make a sincere effort to adhere to our appointment schedule and appreciate your patience if we are late due to emergencies or hospital surgery.
Before your appointment, write down your symptoms, their dates of onset and list questions you want answered. If you are a new patient, please arrive to your appointment early in order to complete the registration process. In addition, please bring the following:
- Driver’s License or State ID
- Referral Information
- Insurance Information
- Copies of X-Rays, MRIs, CT Scans, Operative Reports and Medical Records from Prior Doctors’ Visits.
- List of Current Medications and Any Known Allergies
We accept several major insurance plans. Please check with your insurance plan as well as our staff before making your appointment.
Fees & Payments
We make every effort to decrease the cost of your medical care. Therefore, we request payment arrangements for all office services at the time they are rendered unless prior arrangements have been made. Any co-payment or co-insurance needs to be paid at time of service. This is based on the agreement in your insurance policy. We accept cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express for your convenience. If we are a participating provider of your insurance company, we will bill them. However, payment is the patient’s responsibility. We will help in any way we can to assist you in handling claims.
Prescriptions & Renewals
Please request all prescriptions and authorizations during our regular office hours. Pain medications cannot be prescribed or refilled during non-business hours, weekends, or holidays.
Our team is committed to helping all workers’ compensation patients get back to work as quickly and safely as possible. We are dedicated to evaluating and treating work-related spinal injuries and conditions by providing the highest level of care and expertise in a timely and efficient manner.
We work closely with nurse case managers, claims adjusters, attorneys, and employers to ensure a comprehensive and trouble-free process. This includes best-in-class treatment for injured workers and professionally responsive and detailed attention to providers. We ensure an efficient and trouble-free process in scheduling urgent appointments, submitting status reports and paperwork, answering questions, and providing assistance whenever needed.
For patients, we provide prompt, specialty-trained spine care. Our workers’ compensation team first considers non-surgical, conservative treatment and will only recommend surgery if absolutely necessary.
Call (630) 381-1381 to request an appointment.